By adding sweet potatoes as a side to your scrambled eggs in this P90X3-inspired recipe, you add even more nutrients to your breakfast plate.
- ½ large sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, leaves removed and chopped, stems discarded
- Fill bottom of steamer with 2 inches of water; bring to a boil over high heat. Place sweet potato in top of steamer; steam for 5 to 7 minutes, or until fork-tender. Set aside.
- Combine egg whites and egg in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add egg mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until set.
- Place eggs and sweet potato on a serving plate. Sprinkle sweet potato with rosemary; serve immediately.
21 Day Fix Container Count = 1 Yellow, 1 Red