I know you have seen these people on social media – the “perfect weight loss experts” because boy oh boy are they ready to jump on their keyboards and tell you how easy it is to lose weight. Comments like the following irritate me to an extreme:
- “It’s called portion control and moving around”
- “No pill is ever the answer…”
- “What about good old fashioned exercise and hard work and eating right”
- “Good diet and healthy exercise is the answer”
- “The true and correct answer is to eat clean, to eat healthy, to read EVERY label, and to cook your own food”
- “The best way lose weight get up walk and be active and eat right”
- “People need to go to a gym to lose weight”
- “Diet and exercise is the only answer”
While yes I agree you need to eat right (I mean heck I even teach clean eating to every one of my customers) and incorporate some exercise into your life for long term results, I totally disagree with anyone who says taking any supplements to help you on your journey is wrong. They are flat out incorrect and ignorant of a few facts. Let me explain…
When I first began my weight loss journey I decided I would “do it right” like those comments above were saying. I joined a gym and at that gym I hired a personal trainer. I was given a meal plan to follow as well. I took it very seriously – I logged every item that went into my mouth, when I made my food I measured it with a kitchen scale and measuring everything to be exactly on point with each meal and to be sure I was spot on accurate in how much I ate. I only drank black coffee in the morning and water the rest of the day. I took my meal consumption and tracking to a level that would put someone with OCD to complete and total shame. I worked out with my trainer 3 days per week and the other 2 days I was in the gym (with him watching me) doing cardio machines. I was only resting on weekends just as he laid out for me in my weight loss plan.
A month went by and I lost ZERO pounds and ZERO inches.
On the advice of my personal trainer I gathered up my food logs and headed to my doctor to get tests to see if I had a thyroid or other medical issue that was interfering with my weight loss progress. She reviewed my logs and told me I was “doing everything exactly right”. The blood tests confirmed my thyroid was the middle of normal – so no issues there. There was NO medical reason why my body was just stuck at obese. She even (despite no thyroid issues) prescribed be Levothyroxine which according to her should have cause me to lose 2 pounds per week. Months later still nothing!!!
It was not until I added the Plexus products to my routine of clean eating and fitness that I saw progress.
Posts like this one below truly make people feel they are doing something wrong because our way is not the same as the person making the post about working out and eating salads.I was VERY controlled and my body was so unhealthy despite all I did to “do it right” like you are saying it was not working and I remained fat and sick until I got my healthy on track with Plexus .
To the gal who posted this above – good for you that you feel working out and eating salads is best for you. But, just because you workout daily and eat salads does not mean you are healthy on the inside! You can still be suffering from things that will throw up a huge road block on your health journey.
To all of you out there who have people telling you not to take any supplements and “just do it right” – tell them that you ARE doing it right because you are doing what works for YOU AND YOUR BODY and if they don’t like it they should keep their opinions to themselves (because quite frankly you don’t need those negative nancy’s in your life anyway)
The weight loss journey is hard enough for some of us without all of these “perfect people” trying to tell us we are doing stuff wrong!
We all had that mom or grandma who insisted that we eat our veggies. Well, it turns out that they really are important – especially if you are trying to overcome food cravings while on a health or weight loss journey.
Here’s a quick summary of why eating more veggies can help you curb your cravings:
- When your brain sees a huge plate of colors foods (which is why I always say use the Three Color Rule) your brain will see a huge abundance of food, vs when you have a burger or slice of pizza in front of you. When you consume vegetables you are in essence tricking your brain into thinking you are eating plenty of foods without feeling like you’re on some crazy weird restrictive diet!
- Prepare the veggies on your plate by 2 or 3 different methods. This again gives your brain (and your taste buds) a sensory overload!
- The amount of calories you are consuming will be cut way down while keeping you fuller longer.
- Vegetables contain large amounts of water and will give you extra hydration (in addition to the recommendation of drinking half of your body weight in ounces of water per day).
- You are eating foods in their wholesome state, created by nature and not in a building somewhere.
- When you feel good you tend to make better choices. Vegetables help you boost your immune system which in turn means a healthier overall life.
- When you control your insulin spikes you eliminate cravings and eating vegetables lowers your blood sugar so you have a natural way to level out your insulin production.
So, if you want to avoid those nasty uncontrollable cravings, it is very important to add as many different types of vegetables into the daily meal plan as possible. Have them with every single meal: breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack time. With hundreds of varieties available, there are literally thousands of recipe possibilities.
ThePlexus Breast Chek Kit™ is designed for women to perform monthly self-examinations and enhance breast awareness to help detect changes in their breast.
Did you know the Breast Check Kit was Plexus Worldwide’s first ever product? It has a 10 year warranty and THIS was the only Product Plexus had! Yep – you heard right – Plexus started off as a breast health company.
Why is the Breast Chek Kit so important?
– In 2017, an estimated 255,180 NEW cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in US women. Along with 63,410 NEW cases of non-invasive breast cancer.
– About 40,610 women in the US are expected to DIE in 2017 from breast cancer.
– About 85% (WOW) of breast cancer’s occur in women who have NO family history of breast cancer (This one SHOCKED me)
– For women in the US, breast cancer death rates are higher than those for any other cancer, besides lung
– Early detection saves lives
Get ready because your weight loss journey is going to change your life! I know there are things you’ve always wanted. You may be looking to boost your energy and metabolism or lose the weight you want and start feeling refreshed, relaxed and invigorated! I want to help you realize your health and weight loss goals!
Are you ready to commit? Don’t worry, this will be fun! And I’m going to share with you my top 10 tips for your Weight Loss journey so you can make the most of this program and stick to it:
What other tips do you have that you can share? Comment below and let’s hear them!!!
Yes, I use and swear by my supplements I use daily to support my health and weight loss journey, but if you have followed me at all you also know that I always say supplements are a TOOL to get you there – there is NO such thing as a magic pill! The key is in your food intake. No matter what supplements you buy or how much time you spend in the gym if you eat wrong it is all useless.
Yep – you heard me – if you buy the supplements I use and still eat wrong you are wasting your money!
I know so many people who could use a portion control system. They need to know what to eat and how much of it to eat to achieve maximum results. BUT (there is always a but isn’t there?) there is NO need to pay $140 for a package to get started learning to eat right! All you need is a set of containers but this HAS to be the right ones not random ones from Walmart or Target) and then you need to know what to do with them!
Portion Control Quick Start Steps:
Step 1: Purchase your container system for only around $12 at http://amzn.to/2bCQfW6
Step 2: Join my FREE clean eating group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/SlenderSuzieSupportGroup
In my group you will learn what a proper day of eating looks like, how many containers per day you need for YOUR body, what goes into each container, what supplements I use and what may work best to help you with hunger control and other things, and to get your weekly meal plans and much more!
Simple. Effective. Enjoyable. It’s that easy!
Spicing things up when you are following a Keto or Low Carb way of eating is a great way to help you stay on track with your meals. Enjoying your food is crucial for success! We all want to eat delicious foods so in order to do that you need to have a well stocked pantry!
Most people do not bother to think about the spices they use when they are following a meal plan and sometimes even dried spices can impact how you feel and your weight loss progress.
Here is a pretty thorough pantry list, most of which is found in the baking, condiments or canned foods isles of your grocery store. Be sure to check the labels for hidden added sugars and opt for the organics!
Condiments and Baking Items
- Almond extract, no sugar added
- Almond flour
- Almonds, raw (grind in a food processor to make your own almond flour)
- Anchovy paste
- Artichoke hearts marinated
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Bamboo shoots, canned
- Beef consommé
- Caesar salad dressing, no sugar added
- Chicken consommé
- Cocoa powder, unsweetened
- Cooking sprays, olive and vegetable
- Crystal light drink mixes, especially SUNRISE ORANGE flavor
- Dill pickle relish
- Flax meal
- Green chili peppers, canned
- Hearts of palm
- Jello, sugar-free, all varieties
- Liquid smoke
- Louisiana hot sauce
- Macadamia nuts
- Mayonnaise, heavy only
- Mushrooms, marinated
- Mustard, yellow and Dijon
- Natural peanut butter
- Olives, black, green pimento, stuffed, Greek, etc…
- Olive oil Pecan halves
- Pickle spears, kosher dills, Claussen garlic
- Pork rinds
- Ranch dressing, no sugar added
- Roasted red peppers
- Salsa, no sugar added (natural is OK)
- Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds, black and white
- Soy flour
- Soy sauce
- Sugar free sweet pickle relish
- Sunflower seeds, shelled and roasted (NOT dry roasted)
- Teriyaki sauce, no more than two grams carbs per serving (all have some sugars)
- Tobasco sauce, including Chipotle variety
- Tomato paste, no sugar added
- Tomato sauce, no sugar added
- Tomatoes, whole and peeled, no sugar added
- Tuna, canned white in water
- Unflavored gelatin, Knorr brand
- Unsweetened coconut (or fresh)
- Unsweetened bakers chocolate
- Vanilla, no sugar added (usually the artificial has zero sugar)
- Vinegars, red wine, rice wine, balsamic, white
- Walnuts, shelled halves
Spices and Flavorings
- Any spices (dry)
- Sea salt
- Fresh Ginger
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper, whole and coarse ground
- White pepper, ground
- Garlic powder (NOT garlic salt)
- Basil leaves
- Oregano leaves
- Poultry seasoning
- Bay leaves
- Thyme leaves, whole and ground
- Tarragon leaves
- Cayenne pepper
- Ground mustard
- Parsley flakes
- Hungarian red chili powder
- Ground cumin
- Onion powder
- Celery seed
- Rosemary leaves
- Beef base, no sugar
- Chicken base, no sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Old bay seasoning
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Avocado oil
- Cloves, whole and ground
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Crushed red pepper