One sure fire hit at the hunting lodge and around the house is this amazingly simple but super tasty recipe for Bacon Wrapped Smokies. They are a fantastic little snack that are just as good cooled off as they are right out of the oven – making them perfect to take along to every function and gathering. I totally smother the bacon wrapped smokies with brown sugar…the more the better.
This is also a great recipe for the kids to help with too.
But I must warn you… just when you think you are making enough of them MAKE MORE! They disappear super quick every single time and people are always asking for more.
Bacon Wrapped Smokies with Brown Sugar GlazePrint This
- 1 pound of bacon
- 1 16 ounce package of beef little smokies
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Cut bacon into thirds
- Wrap each third around one little smokie
- To secure the bacon, stick a toothpick through the center of each
- Arrange in baking dish in single layer
- Cover generously with dark brown sugar
- Bake for 45 minutes. The brown sugar should be caramelized and the bacon should be crispy
- Sprinkle some additional brown sugar on top before serving